I'm a title. Click here to edit me
What's new in the DSM 5?
The down-and-dirty guide to the DSM 5
3 Continuing Education Units
LCSW/LMFT PCE 5042 CAADC/LAADC 4S-94-277-1117 NAADAC 841 N
1. Counselors will identify key diagnostic changes between DSMIV and DSM5.
2. Counselors will learn new diagnostic terminology present in the DSM5.
3. Counselors will become familiar with the new structure of the DSM5.
This 3 unit, on-line manual is created to provide a helpful review of the changes in the DSM 5. The overview provides a window into both new disorders and reorganized disorders:
· Neurodevelopmental Disorders
· Autism Spectrum Disorder
· Reorganization Schizophrenia Spectrum and other Psychotic Disorders to reflect a gradient of psychopathology, from least to most severe
· Specific Learning Disorder
· Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder
· Hoarding Disorder
· Excoriation (skin-picking) disorder
· Trauma and Stressor Related Disorders
· Somatic Symptom Disorders
· Sleep-Wake Disorders
· Gender Dysphoria
· Substance Use Disorders
· Major and Mild Neurocognitive Disorder
· Paraphilic Disorders
Become familiar with the new structure and new terminology designed to create a more clinician friendly and evidence-based diagnostic manual. Complete a simple fill-in-the-blank quiz at the end of the manual and receive your on-line certificate of completion.
Order yours today!
Connections Counseling Association Continuing Education Program